[mythtv] Danger Will Robinson

Paul Harrison mythtv at dsl.pipex.com
Fri Nov 11 16:45:50 EST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Robin Gilks" <g8ecj at gilks.org>
To: <mythtv-dev at mythtv.org>
Sent: Friday, November 11, 2005 9:47 AM
Subject: [mythtv] Danger Will Robinson

> Anyone who has tried to navigate the music selection menus on an LCD
> (mythlcdserver) in MythMusic will recognise the above message.
>
> I wonder if anyone has had more luck understanding why it is displayed
> than I have.
>
> Everything looks right (but my C++ skills are not that brill - can't beat
> a bit of machine code or assembler I reckon!) so I dunno quite what's
> going on.
>
> Any assistance appreciated...
>
> --
> Robin Gilks

Its been broken a long time, well before the mythlcdserver stuff was added.
Its even more broken now after Daniel committed one of eskil's patches to change
the lcd progress bar. If you show the playlist selection screen while the metadata
is still being read from the database you never get to see the playlist menu because
the 'Loading Music Data' message never goes away. Should be easy to fix though.

As for the 'Danger Will Robinson' problem it looks like something is going wrong in
those maze of dynamic_cast's everywhere. Exactly where I'm not sure.

If you find anything let me know. I would also like to get this fixed.

Paul