[mythtv] Idea for interlaced playback.

Doug Larrick doug at ties.org
Fri Nov 11 17:44:07 EST 2005

> The filters seem simple enough, but I've yet to understand why bobdeint
> (which i'm using as a template)
> works at twice the framerate while the other filters do not.

The code that actually doubles the framerate is in the VideoOutput and
VideoOutputXv classes, and their interaction with NuppelVideoPlayer.
The 'bobdeint' filter just rearranges the frame so that the top field is
in the top half of the frame, and the bottom field is in the bottom
half.  Enable it as a "custom filter" (rather than picking it as a
deinterlace filter) to see the effect.

-Doug