[mythtv] Breaking Live-TV

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Fri Nov 11 21:49:33 EST 2005

On Fri, 2005-11-11 at 20:22 -0500, Isaac Richards wrote:
> On Friday 11 November 2005 03:09 pm, Bob Cottingham wrote:
> > Speaking of my family's viewing habits, I have seen my wife occasionly
> > watching a show on LiveTV that is recording on another tuner at the
> > same time because the show came on LiveTV after another show she was
> > watching. What happens in a situation like this? I assume the
> > filenames are the same whether recording from LiveTV or scheduled if
> > you start at the beginning of the show?
>
> The filenames are the actual start time of the recoding, so they _should_ be
> different.  I'll probably add a check for an existing file, though, to catch
> this for sure.
I've had this break on me when a manual record on a program was also
recorded based on the scheduled program. I think it would be simpler
add the recorder number to the generated name than to check for the
file... The file could be created on separate backends that share a
store via something like NFS. This is normally set-up with some
level of asynchrony for efficiency reasons.

This also broke the DB insertion of keyframes so I wanted to have
a closer look at this before I started working on a fix.

-- Daniel