[mythtv] Re: [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r7843 by danielk

Isaac Richards ijr at case.edu
Sat Nov 12 13:00:53 EST 2005

On Saturday 12 November 2005 12:00 pm, Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
> On Sat, 2005-11-12 at 04:04 -0500, Isaac Richards wrote:
> > On Friday 11 November 2005 11:08 am, mythtv at cvs.mythtv.org wrote:
> > > This calls the preview generator at the end of a recording and at
> > > the end of commercial flagging. This should make the recording
> > > browser a little snappier when there are lots of unbrowsed
> > > recordings.
> >
> > This isn't quite right - the backend shouldn't be opening a socket to
> > itself. Ideally, this wouldn't be opening up a separate set of sockets on
> > the frontend, either
>
> I could generate the preview in the preview generator if the file is
> local. But if it isn't, I'm not sure how to ensure that this gets run
> in a separate backend thread without the extra socket. Any ideas?

Well, if it's called when a recording or commflagging has just finished,
shouldn't it always be local or have the appropriate myth:// url?  The
generator code should work if the commflag code did.  Might be best to just
recordings should have their pixmaps now, except for currently recording
ones.  Shouldn't ever be that long of a delay to generate one or two images
at a time, and the code's certainly simpler that way.

Isaac