[mythtv] Re: [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r7843 by danielk

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Sat Nov 12 13:41:51 EST 2005

On Sat, 2005-11-12 at 13:00 -0500, Isaac Richards wrote:
> On Saturday 12 November 2005 12:00 pm, Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
> > I could generate the preview in the preview generator if the file is
> > local. But if it isn't, I'm not sure how to ensure that this gets run
> > in a separate backend thread without the extra socket. Any ideas?
> Well, if it's called when a recording or commflagging has just finished,
> shouldn't it always be local or have the appropriate myth:// url?
Yep, and in many cases the frontend ones too when a single shared store
is used for all the backends.

> The
> generator code should work if the commflag code did.  Might be best to just
> recordings should have their pixmaps now, except for currently recording
> ones.  Shouldn't ever be that long of a delay to generate one or two images
> at a time, and the code's certainly simpler that way.
AFAIC there are two cases where it takes a long time: when the file is
empty and also when the keyframe map is broken/missing. The first could
be made faster by just failing quickly if the file is empty or doesn't
exist, and the second by just capturing the first frame if there is
a problem with the keyframe map. I'll fix these Monday/Tuesday night.

-- Daniel