[mythtv] New MPEG2 commercial-cut code ready for testing

Geoffrey Hausheer mythtv0368 at phracturedblue.com
Sun Nov 13 12:15:49 EST 2005

On 11/13/05, Cory Papenfuss wrote:
> Sadly, I'm in the same boat:
>
> $ mpeg2fix  -i sync.nuv -o test.mpg
> Opening sync.nuv
> *** glibc detected *** malloc(): memory corruption (fast): 0x44fa48b8 ***
> Aborted

Hmm...try this.  Add this line right before the call to
'av_open_input_file' (somewhere around line 493):
inputFC = NULL;

I just remembered that I had a very similar problem 2 years ago, when
working on the first incarnation of this tool.  The libav in myth is a
bit different than what is in ffmpeg, and I keep forgetting about
that.

if it doesn't work, I'll need a gdb backtrace.

You could also try the statically built version here:
http://www.pblue.org/myth/mpeg2fix.gz

It is compiled against ffmpeg (which is what I normally work against,
and which doesn't require this fix).  But hopefully the above
initialization will work for you.

.Geoff