[mythtv] New MPEG2 commercial-cut code ready for testing

Cory Papenfuss papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu
Sun Nov 13 14:19:13 EST 2005

> Hmm...try this.  Add this line right before the call to
> 'av_open_input_file' (somewhere around line 493):
> inputFC = NULL;
>
> I just remembered that I had a very similar problem 2 years ago, when
> working on the first incarnation of this tool.  The libav in myth is a
> bit different than what is in ffmpeg, and I keep forgetting about
> that.

 	That got it to compile, but the -c doesn't appear to work
correctly on one of my streams.  I'm sending something like:
mpeg2fix -i sync.nuv -o test.mpg -c "1 - 7440"
and it hangs indefinately.  If I cut to a different point:
mpeg2fix -i sync.nuv -o test.mpg -c "1 - 7400"
it appears to work (although blockiness).

 	Seems to be related to which frame I cut on, so maybe an I vs. P
vs. B?  I don't have myth on this machine, so I'm assuming that cut is the
frame num - frame num to *remove* from the stream

> if it doesn't work, I'll need a gdb backtrace.
>
> You could also try the statically built version here:
> http://www.pblue.org/myth/mpeg2fix.gz
>
> It is compiled against ffmpeg (which is what I normally work against,
> and which doesn't require this fix).  But hopefully the above
> initialization will work for you.

 	Same symptoms.

 	Another stream it appears to work OK though.
-Cory