[mythtv] Idea for interlaced playback.

Bjørn Konestabo bjornko at math.uio.no
Mon Nov 14 12:25:00 EST 2005

Cory Papenfuss wrote:

>     I'm surprised that the VGA monitor synced to it... most of them
> crap out below about 28kHz... PAL is 15.625kHz.  It's quite likely to
> break the monitor running out of spec like that.

It surprised me too. I was expecting to see a blue screen telling me
sync was out of range. At least that would tell me it's working.
Instead I got a twisted and yellow tinted flickering mess, but still
kinda readable, at least in the center portion of the screen,
along with a rather loud high pitched whine. Suffice to say I didn't
leave it on very long.

bjornko