[mythtv] New MPEG2 commercial-cut code ready for testing

Bryan Mayland bmayland at leoninedev.com
Wed Nov 16 08:33:42 EST 2005

Geoffrey Hausheer wrote:
> Have you tried replacing the malloc with a memalign(16,
> outbuf_size)?
    Yeah I had tried that yesterday and it was still giving me the segv,
so I started digging into libavcodec since it seemed to be the problem.
About 30 minutes into it, I went digging in the svn log for the
mpegvideo_mmx_template.c thinking I was seeing a regression, then saw
the changes in HEAD.  So it turned out to be not mpeg2fix related at all.

mpeg2fix-0.10 works great, no infinite loops, no segfaults.  Just
QMAT_SHIFTs.  I'll check the quality on the resultant cuts later today
for blockiness or other artifacts.  Thanks for all your work so far!