[mythtv] New MPEG2 commercial-cut code ready for testing

Bryan Mayland bmayland at leoninedev.com
Wed Nov 16 11:14:38 EST 2005

Geoffrey Hausheer wrote:
>> /usr/local/lib/libmythavcodec-0.18.so.0: undefined reference to
>> `XvMCLoadQMatrix'
>> /usr/local/lib/libmythavcodec-0.18.so.0: undefined reference to
>> `XvMCSyncSurface'
>> /usr/local/lib/libmythavcodec-0.18.so.0: undefined reference to
>> `XvMCFlushSurface'
>> /usr/local/lib/libmythavcodec-0.18.so.0: undefined reference to
>> `XvMCBeginSurface'
>>
> I can't help you with these (except to say that they'll go away once
> the code is part of myth).  you need to add -lXv (or something) to the
> LIBS line in Makefile.  Since I don't use Xv, I don't know which
> library you need.

    Actually, it is LIBS += -lXvMCW (generally).  Some people still
can't get it to link even with the lib reference, but I don't know why
because I just adding the lib works for me.

    What's the right way to view the cnv*.yuv files?  I've tried
yuvtoppm 640 480 < cnv0.yuv | ppmtopng > cnv0.png, but I get a green,
red, and black frame (of the proper size though).  I'm assuming it is
because the yuv isn't laid out in the way yuvtoppm is expecting, but
can't find an imagemagic tool that will convert it.