[mythtv] New MPEG2 commercial-cut code ready for testing

Geoffrey Hausheer mythtv0368 at phracturedblue.com
Wed Nov 16 13:15:48 EST 2005

On 11/16/05, Paul Wheeler wrote:
> Geoffrey,
>
> Did you ever have any luck with getting the subtitles back in? Will
> this be too difficult/time consuming to do? Are you planning to look
> into it at all?

No this hasn't happened, and probably won't until after the code is
merged with mythtranscode.  It shouldn't be TOO difficult, as there
are only minor changes in my code to handle it.  The real problem will
be supportingit in libreplex (no support at all right now), and from
what I understand, there are several different subtitle encoding
methods, which might make supporting it there trickier.  I also don't
know if I have access to the relevant documentation on how they are
coded, which would certainly make it a lot harder to implement.  I'll
have to dig around and see what I have.

.Geoff