[mythtv] Scheduler issues

Stuart Morgan stuart at tase.co.uk
Wed Nov 16 16:31:00 EST 2005

I've noticed a problem which I hope I haven't raised here before!

We have two programmes A and B. Programme A is repeated within the window of
available guide data, for example it is repeated two hours after the first
showing. Programme B is shown only once but clashes with the first showing of
A.

If programme A has a higher priority than B. This cause the first showing of A
to be recorded and B listed as a conflict. The desired behaviour would be to
record the second showing of A and record B too.

This can be fixed by adjusting the relative priorities of A and B but that
isn't a proper solution. I hope someone with knowledge of the scheduler might
want to fix this - I know it will affect many in the UK where repeat showings
of a program are common within a week or two of the original broadcast.
--
Stuart Morgan