[mythtv] Scheduler issues

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Nov 16 21:56:08 EST 2005

Stuart Morgan wrote:

>On Wednesday 16 Nov 2005 22:54, Kevin Kuphal wrote:
>

>>I don't know if it needs it, but did you restart the backend after the
>>change?
>>

>No ... erm ... *mumbles something about a stupid scheduler setting needing a
>backend restart*
>
>*hangs head in shame and wonders off to find a beer*

Well, if you don't like the fact that it requires a restart, you'll be
happy to know that it doesn't require a restart...

You only have to force a reschedule.  You can do that by:

    a) restarting the backend
    b) waiting until the next time the scheduler runs
    c) changing your schedule (i.e. add or remove a recording rule)
    d) running "mythbackend --resched" (which can be run while the
existing backend process is running)
    e) other ways that I haven't yet figured out...

So, basically, the devs did a great job of making the software work the
way you want (so it doesn't require a restart).  Unfortunately, they
can't make you read the docs to find out how it works.  ;)

Mike