[mythtv] New MPEG2 commercial-cut code ready for testing

Cory Papenfuss papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu
Thu Nov 17 16:05:02 EST 2005

On Thu, 17 Nov 2005, Geoffrey Hausheer wrote:

> Well, I finally figured out what was causing the corruption in Bryan's
> streams (and likely in Cory's too). Turns out that interlacing wasn't
> being enabled properly.
> Add the following line around line 950 (right after where c->qmin is set):
> c->flags |= CODEC_FLAG_INTERLACED_DCT;
>
> That is just a hack.  It actually needs to be properly detected, but
> I'd like validation that it actually fixes the problem people have had
> with ugly images.

 	Appears to be the same as before.  From the sounds of it, however,
other people have a different issue than I do.  I don't have green blocks
or any such corruption... just a strangely interpolated/interlaced sorta
"quantization" of the streamed encoded frame.

 	Also, 0.12 still hangs at size:
$ du -sk test2.mpg
3945220 test2.mpg

 	Also, this change broke mpegparse on my streams.
diff mpegparse.c  ../mpeg2fix-0.11/mpegparse.c
57c57
< #define WRITESTREAMS
---
> //#define WRITESTREAMS

in the following way:

$ mpegparse cory_grad_luke_conf_alton.nuv
Reading 'cory_grad_luke_conf_alton.nuv'
Couldn't open audout file
mpegparse: mpegparse.c:769: main: Assertion `0' failed.
Aborted

Cheers... :)

-Cory