[mythtv] New MPEG2 commercial-cut code ready for testing

Geoffrey Hausheer mythtv0368 at phracturedblue.com
Sun Nov 20 18:42:46 EST 2005

Well the new transcoding stuff is in SVN now.  It is likely horribly
broken, as a lot of changes were needed for the merge.  Besides
updating some of the logging, there are no additional bug fixes from
0.15.  I had to remove all the 'assert' lines, so for those of you who
were seeing them, hoepfully the code still errors out correctly.

The code can still be used standalone as well:
http://www.pblue.org/myth/mpeg2fix-0.15.tgz
The only real difference is the Makefile (and the command line
inerface is completely different)

It is not enabled for automatic transcoding for the moment  but you
should be able to use '-m' on the command line to have it kick in.

There are still a bunch of things I should have done before the commit
but didn't (clean up the memory on shutdown, remname functions to be
Muth compliant, etc), but those are mostly cosmetic, and I didn't want
to inject any additional noise during the merge.  I'll get those
things cleaned up in the next couple days.

.Geoff