[mythtv] Re: [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r7932 by nigel

Nigel Pearson nigel at ind.tansu.com.au
Mon Nov 21 01:57:32 EST 2005

> Sure, a clueless or malicious developer could commit intentional
> breakage

	Well, it is more careless than malicious, but that does happen :-)

> Point is mixing revisions is wrong.

	True. And your "get the latest revision" trick isn't bad,
although I think I would prefer to do it via an svn info.

	Another way to do it would be be to checkout
all of the components in one operation.
(i.e. svn checkout/update http://svn.mythtv.org/svn/trunk/mythtv
http://svn.mythtv.org/svn/trunk/mythplugins
http://svn.mythtv.org/svn/trunk/myththemes DIRECTORY)

	I also just discovered "svn switch new_repository",
which should eliminate problems when user wants a tag
or branch, but existing checked out version if trunk.

> OK. I figured there were too many options

	Agreed, but none of the existing options really fit.
Unless we overload "nohead"

--
Nigel Pearson, nigel at ind.tansu.com.au | "Reality is that which,
Telstra Dev. Lab, Sydney, Australia   |  when you stop believing