[mythtv] Problems with DVB CRCs

Allan Stirling Dibblahmythml0015 at pendor.org
Mon Nov 21 08:31:39 EST 2005

I'm looking at why I am seeing consistent problems with CRC errors reported in
Myth, where other tools appear to be happy with the data stream.

According to:
http://happy.emu.id.au/lab/tut/dttb/dtbtut4b.htm

CRC (PES_CRC_flag)
Indicates the presence of a CRC field in the PES packet. (In this example, set
= 0.)

crc is optional in a PES packet. Looking in mpeg/pespacket.cpp,h this doesn't
appear to be implemented.

The reason I'm thinking this is a Myth issue, rather than a card issue is it
happens on:

Skystar2 (b2c2_flexcop_pci)
Technotrend FF (dvb-ttpci)
no name card (budget)
DST based VP1030 (dvb-bt8xx)

on specific transponders on Astra 28.2E. This is all the cards I have had.

Please, if you need any debug info, just ask.

Cheers,

Allan.