[mythtv] Function() to stop a playing movie?

Suchit Rout, Noida rsuchit at hcltech.com
Mon Nov 21 12:27:37 EST 2005

Hi Group,

Please note this is my first email to the you.
Kindly excuse any violations ;)

I have been studying the code of mythtv for a while now.
I understand that while a movie is being played in mythfrontend, a loop in tv_play.cpp gets on executing.

While a movie is being played, if I press the "Esc" button, the movie stops playing and MythTV returns to the screen where we have

     * Watch Recodings
     * etc etc

Now, what I wanna do is simulate this "Esc pressing" with the help of a single function call that can cause the movie to stop and make MythTV return to the above mentioned screen. Due to my poor knowledge in QT I am unable to solve the problem in hand.

Can anyone help me figure this out?

I would like to run a thread alongwith the RunMainLoop (if i am correct) in tv_play.cpp that wuold keep on checking for some signal (not exactly signal per se, it could be a change in value in a database table etc). the moment I detect that change, my function is called and the movie play stops, making MythTV to return to the abov screen.

Regards,
sr