[mythtv] New MPEG2 commercial-cut code ready for testing

Geoffrey Hausheer mythtv0368 at phracturedblue.com
Mon Nov 21 14:05:19 EST 2005

On 11/21/05, Aran Cox wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 20, 2005 at 03:42:46PM -0800, Geoffrey Hausheer wrote:
> I've tried a variety of versions of mpeg2fix.  0.14 is the first one
> that worked for me.  Previous versions shows some corruption (green
> blocky flashes) right after the cuts.  0.14 worked perfectly as far as
> I can tell, but produced 600k+ lines of output with no debugging
> enabled on a 1.5 hour show.  Mostly they messages were:
>

> Found invalid audio PTS (off by 0)
> and
> Found invalid PTS (off by 0) at frame 0
All versions since I added the PTS wrap code have had assorted issues.
 I'm working on it, but I don't expect many recordings to go through
ok at this point.  The message you are seeing in 0.14 was fixed in
0.15, but the frame insertion logic got broken several versions ago,
and I'm still trying to work out the corner cases.
I checked in some more fixes into svn which should help, though I'm
still not convinced it is right.

The mpeg2fix version is here:
http://www.pblue.org/myth/mpeg2fix-0.16.tgz

This may be the last version of mpeg2fix I release.  I'm going to
include the relevant makefile and build instructions in myth's svn, so
I can keep the code all in one place.  You'll be able tocheck out
mythtranscode, and build mpeg2fix independantly from myth using the
alternate makefile

Note. the debug switch is now a flag, instead of a level.  To get
debug enabled, use '-d 65535'

.Geoff