[mythtv] Re: [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r7962 by danielk

Stuart Auchterlonie stuarta at squashedfrog.net
Mon Nov 21 16:29:54 EST 2005

On Mon, Nov 21, 2005 at 01:30:43PM -0500, Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-11-21 at 17:42 +0000, Stuart Auchterlonie wrote:
> > I think a better way to do this would be to setup priorities
> > for EIT information.
> Sure, there is a lot of improvement to be made in the EIT info.
> At the moment we parse only a tiny portion of the EIT data
> and we use it even if we only have only a small portion of
> a full program description, so it is never a good idea to

The fact that we might get partial data we were going to deal
with after 0.19 is out... (that was the plan???)

> replace the good datadirect/XMLTV data with the EIT data if
> it is describing the same program.
>
> > Not all of these are present on all networks / transponders.
> > If we add an extra column to the program table in the DB, we can
> > save the information about where it came from to determine the
> > best source of information.
> > User level configuration should only be between xmltv & EPG.
> > The specific EPG levels should be automated in the background.
> We also shouldn't be overwriting good EIT collected data with
> datadirect/xmltv data every night...
>
> > Don't like this bit much...
> > // To overwrite datadirect data with eit data use this instead
> > //  static const QString timeFmtDB2 = "yyyy-MM-ddThh:mm:00";
> > Rather than having to change the timeFmt, why don't we do a
> > QRegExp replacement of 'T' to a ' '.
> Huh?

Guess I was talking about if there is a T in the middle of the
time/date then it could be converted to a space...

> Actually, I didn't expect anyone to want to do this with the current
> state of EIT parsing; this is more of a "if you would like to debug
> EIT by inserting lots of bogus data uncomment this" directive. This
> could be made a non-const string that you set according to the global
> datadirect/XMLTV vs. EIT setting you suggest; and probably should
> once the EIT implementation is more complete.

Maybe you get bogus data, but some of us only use EIT.
UK & Germany dvb-t data is good. Europe satellite is better
than nothing.

Perhaps it is ATSC stuff that isn't very reliable.

Might be time to start that rewrite I've been planning for
after. Either that or a tool to verify all sections are being
delivered.

Stuart