[mythtv] DVB-s scan does not detect all channels (Astra-28.2)

Allan Stirling Dibblahmythml0015 at pendor.org
Tue Nov 22 07:39:33 EST 2005

Yes, another issue :)

Using current SVN, 'scan all defined transports' does not seem to pick up all
channels on a single run. Scan a single transport also shows the problem.

This is not because of channels being 'offline' - there is no consistency as
to whether a channel will be detected on a single run or not. Some specific
multiplexes seem to be worse than others.

When I see the problem, the channel is not shown at all in the text window,
although other channels on the transport are.

I have a full -v all log of multiple scan sessions, which are each 4Mb long.

I can't see any obvious reasons for this problem - If anyone has any ideas,
I'd be most appreciative for any assistance or ideas of where to look and what
to do to debug.

Cheers,

Allan.