[mythtv] Problems with DVB CRCs

Allan Stirling Dibblahmythml0015 at pendor.org
Tue Nov 22 07:43:24 EST 2005

Adam Egger wrote:
> On 11/22/05, Allan Stirling <Dibblahmythml0015 at pendor.org> wrote:
>

>>This fixes the issue with CRCs on Astra-28.2 for me. I think it should be
>>possible to rip out the "CRC faulty" card stuff now :)
>

> Are you using a current kernel? I'm using kernel 2.6.14 now and I'm
> very happy with it. My Airstar DVB-t card works great now
> (b2c2_flexcop_pci aka skystar2 modules).

Sorry - the issue is not CRC errors caused by the card introducing errors.
It's because the transmitted stream doesn't include the (admittedly optional) CRC.

Daniel in commit 7963 added support for providers that transmit PES packets
without CRCs.

I was suggesting that the listing of "faulty" cards can be removed, since this
is more than likely the root cause, rather than bad drivers / hardware.

Cheers,

Allan.