[mythtv] Autoexpire doesn't remove LiveTV files

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Tue Nov 22 14:56:07 EST 2005

> The new autoexpire method doesn't work for the LiveTV recordings on my
> system. I have  tons of tiny files in my recording list marked with an
> RIP symbol now.

Doesn't sound like you're running current SVN.

> My autoexpire is turned off globally because I absolutely don't want
> myth to remove any recorded files, because everything I record I
> really want to keep. Now I turned Autoexpire to on but the small files
> still don't disappear.

How did you turn it On/Off since that setting went away in database schema
update 1105 in Changeset 7863?

	http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/7863

> I've started the backend with -v file, now it shows me that the "Do
> not autoexpire" list is growing:

And it may a little while you're watching LiveTV, but yours looks weird.
The do not expire list contains items from the inuseprograms table which is
cleaned up automatically whenever a NuppelVideoPlayer exits or a recorder
finishes.  Were you killing and restarting the backend or anything?  The
cleanup of stray entries in this table`happens once a day in the
housekeeper.

Long LiveTV recordings (ie, > 1 minute long) will expire the same as normal
programs but htey have their autoexpire field set to 10000 which causes
LiveTV recordings to expire before normal recordings.

--
Chris