[mythtv] Live-TV & Recording nightmare

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Nov 22 17:06:41 EST 2005

Steve Adeff wrote:

>On Tuesday 22 November 2005 16:52, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>

>>I'll leave this for someone else.  It sounds like--since it only
>>recorded the first 45 minutes of the 2-hour show--even though you pushed
>>record during LiveTV it wasn't actually recording, so when you left
>>LiveTV (or when you changed channel) at the 45-minute point, you stopped
>>recording it.  Does that sound like what happened (leaving LiveTV or
>>changing channels at the 45-minute point)?

Just noticed that in the thread, "Autoexpire doesn't remove LiveTV
files," Chris Pinkham just said:

>I believe that 'R' in LiveTV just toggles whether a recording will be saved
>(by moving it out of the LiveTV group into the default recording group), I
>don't think it says "record the rest of this program" anymore).

This would definitely explain why you only got the first 45 minutes...

His post hasn't made it to the archives, yet, but it will eventually
show up underneath the post at
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/162843 .

Mike