[mythtv] Live-TV & Recording nightmare

andrew burke aburke at bitflood.org
Tue Nov 22 17:59:47 EST 2005

> I just wanted to say thanks for describing something that I haven't
> finished writing yet as a 'nightmare'.

He didn't.  Look at the title again.  He basically just missed a recording
he wanted, which could be considered a 'nightmare' depending on how much
that show mattered to him.  I don't think he was levelling a criticism,
which seems to be something that is often assumed on this list when people
bring up issues.  Rather than viewing them as something that should be
weighed and addressed, they are viewed as attacks on the developers.  This
creates an adversarial environment between many of the users and the devs,
which is unfortunate.

By taking a somewhat less personal view of the problems that are sent to
the list (viewing them as data points that can help map out ways to
improve mythtv rather than personal attacks) would probably go a long way
toward everyone getting on a bit better.

andy