[mythtv] Autoexpire doesn't remove LiveTV files

Isaac Richards ijr at case.edu
Tue Nov 22 18:56:50 EST 2005

On Tuesday 22 November 2005 06:27 pm, Carl Lewis wrote:
> Chris Pinkham wrote:
> > They expire just like normal recordings, so their lifetime is determined
> > by how much disk space you have free.  The only LiveTV recordings that
> > expire even when you have lots of free space available are the short (< 1
> > minute) recordings.
>
> Any intention to make the value of "short" modifiable via the front-end?
> Is it a "feature" that'd be considered if I supplied a patch?
>
> The wife surfs live TV a fair bit and she has a longer attention
> span (or lower bullshit threshold, I'm not sure which :-)
> so given a choice I'd set short to about 90 minutes or so.
> It'd also have the effect of not cluttering up my disk
> and recording listing.

Wasn't planning on it - the intention was to clear out really short things
generated from channel flipping quickly, and then allow the autoexpirer to
delete longer ones as it needed space.  If you don't want longer programs
cluttering up the listings, though, I think you can switch to the 'Default'
program group and they won't show up.

Isaac