[mythtv] How to stop a playing Movie with a Function() call...

Suchit Rout, Noida rsuchit at hcltech.com
Tue Nov 22 23:50:24 EST 2005

I have been studying the code of mythtv for a while now.
I understand that while a movie is being played in mythfrontend, a loop
in tv_play.cpp gets on executing.

While a movie is being played, if I press the "Esc" button, the movie
stops playing and MythTV returns to the screen where we have

     * Watch Recodings
     * etc etc

Now, what I wanna do is simulate this "Esc pressing" with the help of a
single function call that can cause the movie to stop and make MythTV
return to the above mentioned screen. Due to my poor knowledge in QT I
am unable to solve the problem in hand.

Can anyone help me figure this out?

I would like to run a thread alongwith the RunMainLoop (if i am correct)
in tv_play.cpp that wuold keep on checking for some signal (not exactly
signal per se, it could be a change in value in a database table etc).
the moment I detect that change, my function is called and the movie
play stops, making MythTV to return to the abov screen.

Regards,
sr