[mythtv] Bug in tv_rec.cpp (TVRec::GetStartChannel)

Mika Orajärvi mika.orajarvi at iki.fi
Wed Nov 23 01:13:57 EST 2005

On Wed, 2005-11-23 at 00:07 -0500, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> Mika Orajärvi wrote:
>
> >I think there's some bugs in the mentioned file and function regarding
> >the names of the mysql tables/entries. I'm using the mythtv svn.
> >
> >The problems appeared after I wiped the DB clean and run the setup
> >again.
> >
> >In the mysql query:
> >
> >----
> >query.prepare(
> >        "SELECT startchan "
> >        "FROM capturecard, cardinput "
> >        "WHERE capturecard.cardid = cardinput.cardid AND "
> >        "      capturecard.cardid = :CARDID          AND "
> >        "      inputname          = :INPUTNAME");
> >
> >---
> >
> >I think the "inputname" should be "defaultinput". That's at least found
> >in the DB. After I changed the name, mythbackend found the starting
> >channel correctly.
> >

> inputname is a valid column in the cardinput table, and, therefore,
> should be found by that query:
>
> mysql> SELECT startchan
>     ->   FROM capturecard, cardinput
>     ->  WHERE capturecard.cardid = cardinput.cardid AND
>     ->        capturecard.cardid = 1 AND
>     ->        inputname          = 'S-Video 0';
> +-----------+
> | startchan |
> +-----------+
> | 238       |
> +-----------+
> 1 row in set (0.00 sec)
>
> I'll bet you looked for it in the capturecard table...  ;)

Okay, it's there but the inputname that comes to the GetStartChannel()
is in my case "Television" and the inputname in the DB
(cardinput.inputname) is currently "DVBInput". So I figured that the
column name must be wrong, since the "Television" was found on the
defaultinput column. My config seems okay, i can't find any problems in
it. I've gotten the myth working before without any big problems. The
problems came after I wiped the DB, and therefore I assume that it has
to be related to the recent changes and maybe some renamings of the
colums etc.