[mythtv] MythTV demo

Steve Adeff adeffs at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 18:47:04 EST 2005

On Wednesday 23 November 2005 10:54, Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-11-23 at 15:51 +0100, Mattia Martinello wrote:
> > I wish to know what version of MythTV it better that I use. All has to
> > do a bit stable, because MythTV shouldn't crash in public! :-)
>
> I would recommend svn revision 7738, that was the last revision
> prior to the last big change. Do a run through doing everything.
> And setup something like the "Wife button" described in Wilson's
> install guide: http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/fcmyth.php
>
> 7738 has neat new DVB features like signal monitoring,
> including the antenna adjust mode "F7".
>
> My experience with demos is that someone will ask you if feature
> X is supported; then, you say yes and demonstrate, and something
> unexpected happens.
>
> > The current SVN version has a bug on LiveTV (i sent a ticket and a
> > message to dev list) that hangs Mythfrontend with a segmentation fault
> > error. Will this bug be solved before Saturday?
>
> Probably, but there are probably a few new bugs lurking and others
> will be introduced. There are bugs in 7738 that have been fixed in
> later revisions, but they are more or less a known quantity...
>
> -- Daniel

If you go with 7738 (which I've been running on my "g/f approved" system) I've
had an issue with my DVB card in changing channels from the channel guide, so
show the guide, but don't use it to change channels, or test it first to see
if this happens for you. Just a word of warning.

Other than that, 7738 has been working quite well for me.

Best wishes for your demo!

Steve