[mythtv] Project Grayhem (new mythtv theme)

Steve Adeff adeffs at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 18:59:39 EST 2005

On Wednesday 23 November 2005 09:08, Bryan Mayland wrote:
> Richie Crews wrote:
> > If you do the faded grey similar to the info bar it wouldn't be so bad
> > personally, would be nice for a option though. Just tough to see those
> > smaller numbers on a small screen far away or if you have semi bad
> > eyes (nick at you older folks :) ).
>
> I'll give it a try.  My eyes suck, plus the convergence in that corner
> of my TV is shot (something about some amp going bad internally) so I
> couldn't tell if the progress bar was actually inside the rectangle
> background until I took the screenshot!
>
> Hmmm... maybe this would warrant some code for selecting a compact vs
> full status bar.  I also liked the idea someone had of having 2 levels
> of program info.  One that is just Channel / Title / Subtitle, and one
> with everything you see currently.

could you switch the levels in real-time? If so you could have OSD-Full,
OSD-Half, OSD-None (to remove the OSD when paused in case you need to read
it).

The idea was mine, from my days using my TiVo which had the full info overlay
(which was actually much bigger, took up about 2/3s the screen but was able
to display the full description, etc) and an upper bar overlay (channel,
title, subtitle, time, date. similar to the screen shots you guys have been
posting) that could be cycled realtime by hitting "right" on the directional
pad. If you hit "left" it would clear this information bar.

It also let you clear the OSD when paused by hitting the "clear" button on the
remote.

So some other ideas to bounce around if the OSD can be changed real-time...

Steve