[mythtv] Re: [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r7932 by nigel

David Snider dsnider at thesniderpad.com
Wed Nov 23 22:48:17 EST 2005

> So far the contenders are test x`which sdl-config | 2>&1 grep -v
> ^no` != x and a shell function that implements a properly quiet
> which. David Snider leans towards the first and I lean towards the
> second.

Probably just a typo with your pipe, but I would write the shell code
as test x$(which sdl-config 2>&1 | grep -v ^no) != x.  I like the $
( ) syntax rather than the back ticks ` ` as it is a little easier to
read, IMO.  To be honest, you folks are the developers, I'm just a
sysadmin with a small bit of shell scripting ability, I'd go with
whatever the two of you choose for maintainability.