[mythtv] Autoexpire doesn't remove LiveTV files

BP lists at qucae.com
Thu Nov 24 04:09:52 EST 2005

Isaac Richards wrote:

> Wasn't planning on it - the intention was to clear out really short things
> generated from channel flipping quickly, and then allow the autoexpirer to
> delete longer ones as it needed space.  If you don't want longer programs
> cluttering up the listings, though, I think you can switch to the 'Default'
> program group and they won't show up.
>
> Isaac

Does this mean live tv files will not get cleaned up if I have
auto-expire disabled?  I do not trust a computer to decide which
recordings I wish to keep and those I do not.  If I miss a recording due
to lack of space, it's my fault.  That is my preference.

Seems rather annoying if I will now have to do manual maintenance of all
the live tv files.

Anyone else fall in to this use case?