configure problem? (was Re: [mythtv] various error(?) log messages)

Petr Stehlik pstehlik at sophics.cz
Sun Nov 27 10:05:55 EST 2005

Donavan Stanley píše v Ne 27. 11. 2005 v 09:18 -0500:
> Petr Stehlik wrote:
> > The question is: does NVR absolutely require OSS?
> >
> Unless something has changed that I missed OSS is required for Linux.

Did you miss the moment when ALSA replaced OSS in linux kernel and
became the default sound architecture?

> > "There really shouldn't be an explicit user-controllable disable-oss
> > option"

> If one is changing the defaults for configure we expect them to
> understand the ramifications of what they're doing otherwise they should
> either accept the defaults or use a binary release.

That is correct. The --disable-oss is in expert options, after all. But
I had various problems with buffered (and thus delayed) sound so I've
been trying to avoid the OSS *emulation* wherever possible, you know.
And just learnt that in this case (NVR) it's not possible.

Petr