[mythtv] SVN issues

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Mon Nov 28 17:16:20 EST 2005

> 3. The backend log very often shows quite often:

> 2005-11-28 20:15:31.061 MainServer::HandleQueryRecordings()
>                         Couldn't find backend for:
>                         Unknown : "Unknown"
> 2005-11-28 20:15:31.069 MainServer::HandleQueryRecordings()
>                         Couldn't find backend for:
>                         Unknown : "Unknown"

Can you run the following SQL when you see this? (that's a
slash G at the end).

    select * from recorded\G

> 4. I'm very happy to have the "Delete LiveTV recordings after 7 days"
> because the realtime autoexpire absolutely doesn't work here. After
> zapping around for several minutes it only shows one expire message in
> the backend log:

I got your log via email, but it is incomplete.  Can you please
update to current SVN HEAD and run the following:

mythbackend -v all

I just committed code to cause Myth to not truncate the network logs if you
specify "-v all" so we can see all the network traffic.  Your previous log
was captured with "-v file,important,general"  but since the important tag
is explicit not additive, you didn't get VB_FILE debug messages.  If
you want important and other messages, then important has to be first in
the list.

> After that I have three (!!!) entries in the recording list for the
> "expired" file. All LiveTV recordings appear twice, three times or
> four times in the recording list now. This was verified by some other
> users in #mythtv-de. Chris, is there a way to find out why this
> happens?

The above debug will help me debug why these are showing up multiple times.

Please email the output to me directly, don't spam the list.  I'm just
replying here so others know this is being looked into rather than replying
to your other direct email.

--
Chris