[mythtv] Enhanced OSD functionality in tv_play

Bryan Mayland bmayland at leoninedev.com
Tue Nov 29 07:50:53 EST 2005

Steve Adeff wrote:
> the only idea I have is that I want to be able to hit the OSD button to see
> the OSD and then again to clear it, especially since I'll mostly only want
> the smaller OSD, with occasional full OSD information. So I'm thinking
> something along the lines of a default OSD level (large or small) with using
> something like one of the directional buttons to change the OSD size while
> its displayed?

    Well you've got a few options: use an OSD without a smallinfo, hit
exit (esc or backspace) while it is up, press info twice more to go
'round the horn', or just wait the 3 second default timeout.

    My motive for not using the arrows is because they're used for
navigation in browse mode.  I'm loosely basing my ideas on how my cable
box works, which I think has a pretty good interface in this regard.