[mythtv] SVN version info

Pascal Favre Pascal.Favre at gmx.net
Tue Nov 29 15:13:35 EST 2005

I made a proposition for the ivtv project, which was accepted by them. This is the original text:

Hello

I use a 0.4.1 branch. dmesg displays: "ivtv:  version 0.4.1 (development svn snapshot revision  2839 ) loading"
For me I do not want to see the latest trunk version (this revision changes always). I want to see the last commited version for
this branch.
With this revision number I can easily check if there were any changes made for my specific branch
http://ivtvdriver.org/trac/browser/ivtv/branches/ (2834)

I propose to use "svnversion -n -c ."  (630:2834, the second value should be used) instead of "svnversion -n ." (2839) in the
makefile.

When helping people it is much easier, because the used revision can be quickly checked against the latest commited change for the
branch.
Help can be provided earlier, instead of the usual "do a svn update" first.

Regards
Ruud