[mythtv] SVN version info

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Nov 29 16:28:28 EST 2005

Allan Stirling <Dibblahmythml0015 at pendor.org> writes:

> Not easy with SVN, since the scripts would have to checkin a file, therefore
> upping the revision number,...

What I did with gnucash was have the build system autogenerate a
gnc-svninfo.h header file that defines the SVN revision.  This process
is predecated on the existence of a .svn subdirectory, and it runs
'svn info' on every "make" if that subdir exists.  This header is also
included in the automake EXTRA_DIST flags so it gets included in the
distributed tarballs, so you still get the svn revision in the
distribution.

Feel free to look at what I did if you want an example:
  http://svn.gnucash.org/trac/file/gnucash/trunk/src/gnome-utils/Makefile.am

-derek