[mythtv] EIT Broken +other thoughts.

Stuart Morgan stuart at tase.co.uk
Mon Oct 3 11:32:40 UTC 2005

On Mon 3 October 2005 12:17, Stuart Auchterlonie wrote:
> The interesting part about this is we can use #2 to implement
> preliminary support for audio only (ie. radio) channels and also
> data only channels.
>
> What I would need to do this is a way of insterting a static
> mpeg I frame into the stream to generate a video stream
> even though it doesn't change. One could be an image of a radio,
> one an image representing data.

Whilst I don't personally believe DTT (Terrestial DVB) should be used for
Radio I would certainly appreciate being able to record from DVB radio and
especially the ability to listen to some stations which are currently
unavailable here over DAB.

Although I'd settle for any solution presently I'd be willing to collaborate
on a mythradio plugin which supported DAB/FM/DVB radio. I'm sure it would be
a popular addition but would need a lot of work.
--
Stuart Morgan