[mythtv] EIT Broken +other thoughts.

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Mon Oct 3 13:01:19 UTC 2005

In message <200510031336.46265.stuart at tase.co.uk>
        Stuart Morgan <stuart at tase.co.uk> wrote:

> On Mon 3 October 2005 12:40, Stuart Auchterlonie wrote:
>> > Although I'd settle for any solution presently I'd be willing to
>> > collaborate on a mythradio plugin which supported DAB/FM/DVB radio. I'm
>> > sure it would be a popular addition but would need a lot of work.
>>
>> DVB Radio is easy. It's just a channel with an audio stream but no
>> video stream. The rest are harder.
>
> Indeed and such a plugin would also require new/adapted grabbers for radio
> schedules (DVB EIT stations excepted).

Why does everybody always want to do this in a plugin?

It has been discussed many, many times now on this list and each time
it is pointed out that it needs to be part of the main program so that
it integrated with the EPG and scheduler and is just another thing you
can record.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)