[mythtv] trying to control one-touch record (feature request)

Ricardo Kleemann ricardo at americasnet.com
Wed Oct 5 14:16:43 UTC 2005

Hi,

I was wondering if there's any way I can control one-touch record, perhaps
through some script... I guess this would be a feature request...

What I mean by "control" is, I'd like to have the ability to press "R" to
start a recording, and then quickly setup the length of the recording,
without having to go out of liveTV and into the manual record scheduler.

For example, some VCRs have a feature that if you press record multiple
times, it will start cycling the record time, say 30 minutes, 1 hour, 1:30,
and so on.

I know that for the most part mythtv doesn't need that, because via the
current program info, the one-touch record will automatically stop recording
at the end of the program.

However, this doesn't exactly work all the time. I watch an international
channel which, unfortunately, is not vey punctual or faithful to its EPG
data. Most of the programs start at a time that is very much out of synch
with the EPG. So if I'm watching a program and I'd like to record it with
one-touch (pressing "R"), I'd like to be able to quickly configure the
record as a manual record for a particular length of time.

It would be wonderful to have the feature that pressing "R" multiple times
would cycle through a pre-determined record length. If there's any way to do
this, perhaps with some script, please let me know. What's the likelihood of
having a feature like this added?

Thank you so much.

Ricardo