[mythtv] Development task list:

Isaac Richards ijr at case.edu
Wed Oct 5 22:03:33 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 05 October 2005 03:03 pm, Keith C wrote:
> On Oct 5, 2005, at 1:50 PM, Kevin Kuphal wrote:
> > Have you thought about just making the whole thing a wiki?
> > Mediawiki can lock pages to administrators and it is easy enough to
> > do what you're looking for with the wiki software.  I think most
> > CMS are cumbersome but if you're going to have the wiki anyways.

Yeah, thought of it.  I think I want a little more than what a wiki provides,
though - download counts, etc.  'Course, I could just be showing my ignorance
there. =)

> > On a side note, I really would like to contribute more to the
> > documentation/wiki but it begs for a more official structure as a
> > guideline to start and I'm afraid that just moving the .info stuff
> > to .org lacks the adequate skeleton to make the information flow
> > properly and be more useful to people.  Since it started on the
> > side, it developed a somewhat halting flow for the information
> > organization...

What would be ideal for you, then?

> If you're just looking to have a news section and a few web pages,
> perhaps something as simple as phpwebsite?
>
> http://phpwebsite.appstate.edu/
>
> I recommend it to moderately computer skilled family members for
> something easier to maintain than a nuke-style site.  It doesn't
> really lend itself to a community maintained site, but it works for
> centrally controlled content.

While I initially want something fairly simple, I'd like the _option_ to have
a more complex site.  Much of the reason that the current website is so
simple is due to almost everything in phpnuke being turned off due to
security flaws.

I got an offer from someone (jams on the #mythtv channel) to do a mockup using
mambo(? I think).  I'd like to keep a somewhat similar look to the website -
I kinda like the blue/grey. =)

Isaac