[mythtv] Re: [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r7392 - in trunk/mythtv by danielk

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Thu Oct 6 13:16:20 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-10-05 at 13:13 -0700, Bruce Markey wrote:
> > The check for mythbackend is very simple, it just runs
> > "ps -ae | grep mythbackend". So if you rename the backend
> > executanble it won't detect the backend. It also won't dedect
> > a master backend running on a different host, etc. It just
> > catches the common case.
>
> Couldn't it just try connecting to the MBE control port as a
> slave or frontend would?

I wasn't sure the mysql.txt is initialized at that point. If you
want to check that and make the change just send me a patch.

> Couple things. I see the text for the two old and one new help
> text items truncated on the first line. For exanple:
This is because the TransLabelSetting doesn't wrap text and
appends a ":", I've added a newline in SVN...

> The initial focus should be on the "OK" button. Checking a box
> is a very execptional thing and the user should not be lead to
> believe they should check them.
> When the backend warning is appiled, there should also be an "Exit"
> button that gets the inital focus.

I just wanted to improve the current situation, I don't run
mythtv-setup very often myself, and this whole thing will have
to be rewritten after MythUI. You can hit "ESC" and it will
enter the setup program without checking any box...

Even better would be to add a "delete all" option to the cards,
sources, and channels screens.

-- Daniel