iPod and generic music player support (was: Re: [mythtv] Fwd: New MythMusic Theme - 4 bins)

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri Oct 7 17:46:21 UTC 2005

Quoting Isaac Richards <ijr at case.edu>:

> On Friday 07 October 2005 12:56 pm, Derek Atkins wrote:
>> Quoting Isaac Richards <ijr at case.edu>:
>> > glib kills it from being used in myth.
>>
>> Why?
>
> Because one small additional dependency is acceptable - it may even
> be able to
> be included directly.  glib is not small, and it's not something I want myth
> to depend on.

Okay.. So what's your definition of "small"?  Are you talking about
the size of the .so?  the number of source files in the library?
the size of the library source tarball?  the time it takes to build
the library?  I'm just curious.

Just for comparision, libglib.so is 500KB, libqt-mt.so is 7.1MB.
I don't have libgpod installed so I dont know its size.

> Isaac

-derek