[mythtv] DVB EIT Implementation

Stuart Auchterlonie stuarta at squashedfrog.net
Wed Oct 12 14:59:48 UTC 2005

On Wed, Oct 12, 2005 at 10:46:53AM -0400, Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-10-12 at 15:43 +0100, John Pullan wrote:

> > > Perhaps it just takes 3-4 hours?
> > >

> > Think it should be 8 minutes but as I say something funky might be
> > happening now.
>
> Hmmm, well we change channels every 5 minutes during the scan.
> That could be a part of the problem, but I would expect some
> events to make it through.

It begs the question how long does the event carousel take to
come through. I'm running a test at the moment, sitting on BBC News24
and watching what keys get processed.

So far (at the 2min mark), I've only had events processed off this
mplex. Will let you know if it does something different.

As for how long to wait on a channel, I've upped mine to 10 mins.
Some of the channels I have seen take at least 8mins to start
delivery events. This might be because they have a very low
data rate since they are off air at the time....

Stuart