[mythtv] Adding support for custom capture card

Luc Gallant llgallan at engmail.uwaterloo.ca
Wed Oct 12 19:37:49 UTC 2005

Well, I thought about that one too, just thought that maybe the V4L would be
more common. I am not very familiar with the DVB driver spec. From what I know,
DVB is for things like satellite and digital cable. As stated before, I will
have sets with sub channels within them, so browsing through those is what my
driver needs to do, giving the information to mythtv in a channel type way.

If you ugys thing that this is the way to do it, let me know. In this case I
just don't see where DVB would be more advantageous to V4L (i'm thinking maybe
encoding here, but am not sure).

Luc Gallant