[mythtv] Development task list:

Colin Guthrie mythtv at colin.guthr.ie
Wed Oct 12 22:41:46 UTC 2005

J. Donavan Stanley wrote:
> Isaac Richards wrote:
>
>> I got an offer from someone (jams on the #mythtv channel) to do a
>> mockup using mambo(? I think).  I'd like to keep a somewhat similar
>> look to the website - I kinda like the blue/grey. =)
>>

> Mambo is VERY nice.  Plus I've got code for importing articles to it
> from various sources.

Hello again everyone.

Firstly apologies for not posting on here for absolutely ages. Work and
personal life just took over for a while and my myth hacking has been
reduced to virtually nill. :(

Anyways, I reserve the right to still stick my oar in when I feel the
time is right.

I personally use Mambo (well now Joomla! http://www.joomla.org/
basically it seems that this is the correct branch to follow as it is
the "almost fork" that is supported by all the core ex-mambo devs.) for
a lot of projects at work.

It's got a gazillion plugins and stuff and it can be kept very simple
when needed.

The only thing I'd say to it's detriment is that it is quite quirky in
it's own way and something that it often hard to get used to. Once
you're in the zone it make sense but sometimes it's a little hard to get
there.

My main concern is that Isaac and others who've not used it before wont
like it from the off and wont have the time to spend getting used to it.

I'd be happy to do a mockup from the styling perspective if you want and
  Isaac, you are more than welcome to have a play with the admin
interface on my website if you like (there close to bugger all content
on it at the moment anyways and I've spent approx 3mins on a
style/template for it!!)

FWIW, I am really liking all the comments about abstraction on this
thread. Ed's general comments on the media presentation vs. gui
separation and the mfd stuff all sounds great. I can't way until some
crazy OpenGL transition switches me from a live tv screen to my music
player/visualisation while the audio symultaneously blends from tv
sounds to the last playing track, all actioned by my bluetooth phone's
remote control interface =)

Unfortunatly, it'll be a while before I can think about helping out too
much with that lot :(

Col.