[mythtv] Dumb slightly off topic question

Roger James roger at beardandsandals.co.uk
Thu Oct 13 13:09:17 UTC 2005

Martin,

Thanks for the tip. Even though there is only one visible constructor it
looks like gdb still gets confused. It appears that a line number in the
constructor can resolve to more than one address, maybe the other address is
somewhere in the compiler generated default constructor.

(gdb) rbreak RingBuffer::RingBuffer*
Breakpoint 5 at 0xb7941f7b: file RingBuffer.cpp, line 436.
<function, no debug info> RingBuffer::RingBuffer(QString const&, bool,
bool);
(gdb) break RingBuffer.cpp:436
Breakpoint 6 at 0xb7940b1e: file RingBuffer.cpp, line 436.
(gdb) info break
Num Type           Disp Enb Address    What
5   breakpoint     keep y   0xb7941f7b in RingBuffer at RingBuffer.cpp:436
6   breakpoint     keep y   0xb7940b1e in RingBuffer at RingBuffer.cpp:436
(gdb)

I guess I will go back to __asm int 3 !!!!

The constructor bugs are still open on the gnu database from 3 years ago!

Ah well beggars cannot be choosers!

Sorry for cluttering up the list, but this was driving me nuts, and I hope
this info is useful to others.

Roger