[mythtv] Re: Ticket #459: Wrong Default Aspect when HD in
danielk at cuymedia.net
Sat Oct 15 16:30:55 UTC 2005
On Fri, 2005-10-14 at 23:39 -0600, Greg Grotsky wrote:
> On 10/14/05, Daniel Kristjansson <danielk at cuymedia.net> wrote:
> BTW log2(50) = 6 more to go...
> Okay, I've narrowed it down to 7325-7335. Now I can't compile 7329 or
> 7330, it's giving me:
> Does the range narrow it down enough? I'm not even using dbox2, I
> have --disable-dbox2 option in my ./configure statement, I don't know
> why it's complaining.
I think this is narrow enough, my guess is 7334. It looks like
it is not a change in the aspect ratio code giving you problems,
but rather a change in the starting video due to the signal
monitoring dummy video. The video output code should be adjusting
to aspect ratio changes, but it appears it is not.
This only happens in LiveTV right?
A little more detail should allow me to hone in on the problem.
* Do you use any aspect override setting? (what is it?)
(It looks like this is not applied on input change.)
* Do you use display resizing support?
* If so what are the overrides?
(w/all details, including aspect ratio overrides of course).
* What is the resolution and aspect ratio of a channel giving
* Are there any letterbox bars? left/right or top/bottom?
* Does this problem occur if you start on that channel?
* If it occurs when you switch from another channel,
what are the attributes of that previous channel?
(resolution, aspect ratio, letterbox, etc.)
* Can you remedy the problem by changing the letter-boxing?
* If yes, from what? to what?
More information about the mythtv-dev