[mythtv] keyword-based recording

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Tue Oct 18 01:20:55 UTC 2005

Bruce Markey wrote:
> Chris Petersen wrote:
>
>> Would someone like to explain to me how this works db-wise, so I can get

Appearently this was an old message from January that appeared to
be new in my mailbox. Don't know why...

> One thing you need to address for all search rules in mythweb. If
> someone goes to a specific showing for one of the matching programs
> then updates the rule, you do not want the show's description to
> overwrite the rule's description(!). WHERE "program.title = 'Nova'"
> works great. WHERE "Scientific research into...", not so good :-(.
>
> Mythfrontend has hacks for special care for search titles, subtitles
> and descriptions when filling in program info for programs that match
> a search rule. See "searchtitle" in scheduledrecording.cpp .

This is currently an issue. I just created a kTitleSearch, found
a showing in mythweb then changed the record type. The description
field got overwritten with the episode description.

>> Any other new recording option type things that I've missed lately?
>

> The protocol number was recently bumped up and AFAIK mythweb's was
> too without any changes. You might want to investigate what prompted
> MYTH_PROTO_VERSION 19 and see if something needs to be updated to
> accommodate the change.

Ditto. The proto version changed recently and I'm not sure any changes
were made in mythweb.

--  bjm