[mythtv] regular full CPU load by mysqld if mythbackend is running

Tino Keitel tino.keitel at gmx.de
Wed Oct 19 09:36:00 UTC 2005

Hi folks,

since I use a SVN version with the EIT crawler, the mysqld uses 100%
CPU from time to time, for ca. 30 seconds. My feeling is also that the
system becomes somewhat slow during this time, which is annoying.

This is an Athlon XP 2500+ and I think that an application like
mythbackend should not cause such a load for a longer period under
normal conditions. What could be the reason for this? I wonder this
indicates that my mythconverg DB is somewhat broken, but everything
else in MythTV is working.

Regards,
Tino